As President of the Millwoods Minor Football Association, assure that the Board of Directors fulfills its responsibilities for the governance of the association. The President will optimize the relationship between the Board and the association’s members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- Serve a two year term at minimum.
- Serves as the chief volunteer of the association.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the association.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the association.
- Is a partner with the General Manager and Directors in achieving the association’s mission.
- Foster effective team work between the Board of Directors and the association’s members.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
Operational Planning & Management
- Develops agendas for meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Chairs meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Attends Capital District Minor Football Association meetings.
- Establishes search and selection committee for appointing a General Manager.
- Recommends to the Board which committees are to be established.
- Ensures that Board matters are handled properly, including committee functioning, recruitment of new Board members, orientations, and meeting preparation.
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports management.
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
Human resources planning and management
- Recruit and interview potential Board members that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the association’s mission.
- Ensure that all Board members receive an orientation to the association.
Program Planning & Management
- Reviews with the General Manager any issues of concern to the board in regards to on-field issues.
- In consultation with the General Manager, decide course of action with regards to member suspensions in accordance with the Millwoods Minor Football Association registration manual.
- Evaluates the performance of the General Manager and the effectiveness of the Board members.
- Annually evaluates the performance of the organization in achieving its mission and objectives
- Annually reviews matters of governance that relate to the Board’s structure, role, and relationship to its members.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its members and Board.
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the association policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the association’s programs and services.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the association contribute to the association’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
- The President sets the date, time, location and agenda for the Annual General Meeting by February 1st.
Financial planning and management
- Work with Treasurer and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the association’s people (players, coaches, volunteers, and Directors), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and the association carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the Board and association members understand the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance coverage.