The Registrar is responsible for registering all players in the Millwoods Minor Football Association. The registrar will handle the process of registering a player from start to finish and will work closely with the Secretary and Treasurer to maintain player files. The registrar will also work closely with the General Manager and coaches to maintain an accurate view of the number of players in the association at each age level.
Contact The Registrar
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- Serve a two year term at minimum.
- Good organization and verbal/written communication skills.
- A positive attitude towards MWMFA, coaches, team managers, parents, and players.
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with volunteers.
- Money management experience.
Planning & Management
- Coordinates and implements registration for all players for Spring Camp and the regular season.
- Archives all files of players who are finished with the program.
- Creates a file for all new players that will be kept in the MWMFA office.
- Develops MWMFA registration forms. Forms must include:
- Photocopy of birth certificate. o Photocopy of Alberta Health Care Card.
- Medical Form. o CDMFA Waiver Form
- Photocopy of Report Card (for Bantams & Midgets).
- High School release form, (Bantams only for permission of local High Schools to obtain player information).
- Updates MWMFA registration manual.
- Works with the President to set Annual General Meeting agenda to include early registration process for previous players, usually done in January.
- Sets up dates in early April and early May for the registration process and equipment needs (electrical services for television and printers).
- Works with the Communications Director to secure appropriate signage and publication notice of registration dates. Liaise with Volunteer Director to secure enough volunteers for registration process.
- Obtains all necessary CDMFA forms prior to registration.
- Works with Football Alberta representative to ensure all players, coaches and Directors are properly insured.
- The Registrar will attend the practice for each level to ensure all paperwork is received before a player takes the field. If the registrar is unable to attend said practices, the head coach and the General Manager should be notified and given the information necessary to fully register the player.
- Collect spring camp and season registration fees and submits them to the Treasurer for deposit.
- Works closely with the Treasurer to cross check registrations and payments.
- Enters all registrations in the CDMFA software program.
- Obtains and submits all required forms and fees to complete the MWMFA registration process.
- Insures all players are properly registered and have signed all necessary forms before placing them on a team.
- Maintains and provides Team Managers with Handbooks containing their team credentials.
- Provide the Board of Directors with a mass email database.
- Manages all Player Releases.
- Attends necessary meetings pertaining to registrar duties in CDMFA.
- Works with the Treasurer in refunding players that leave the program or are injured.