The Treasurer of the Millwoods Minor Football Association contributes to the overall success of the association by effectively managing all financial tasks for the association.
Contact The Treasurer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- Serve a two year term at minimum.
- Ensure new signing authority is in place by the 2nd Board Meeting after new Directors are in place.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including non-profit incorporation.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy .
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare annual charitable return in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Assist the President with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the President and/or Finance Committee.
- Assist Directors with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
- Prepare upcoming budget for presentation at Annual General Meeting by February.
Project Management Accounting
Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the President and/or Finance Committee. • Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports. • Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.