The Vice President of the Millwoods Minor Football Association is usually the second executive officer of the association. It is advisable that the Vice President read and under-stand all parts of the association, as it is vital to the success of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- This position is at minimum a two-year term with expectations that this individual will eventually move into the Presidents role.
Operational Planning & Management
- In the absence or disability of the President, the Vice President performs all the duties of the President. The Board of Directors or the President may delegate other powers or duties to the Vice President. It is advisable that the Vice President be familiar with all duties of the President in the event he/she must act in the President’s absence.
- In all ways, the Vice President assists the President in the executive direction of association affairs.
- The Vice President may be assigned specific duties — preferably responsibilities where he/she has had no previous exposure — in order to obtain experience that will be for a potential President.
- The Vice President may act as chairman of a standing committee.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: policy, finance, programs and personnel. • Willingness to serve on at least one committee.
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board.
- Along with the General Manager, attend the City of Edmonton field allocation meetings usually held in February or March and secure adequate number of fields needed the run the program. This includes: Spring Camp and regular practices held from June to November.
- Assist other Board of Director positions where needed.