The Volunteer Director is responsible for the management of volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the association’s programs and services. This includes directly managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to volunteers.
Contact The Volunteer Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- Work with the Fundraising Director and General Manager.
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer programs, and reflect the overall values of the association.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills.
Planning & Management
- Starting in April, develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the association.
- Assess the need for volunteers to enhance program delivery.
- Inform & recruit members to all possible volunteer possibilities.
- Gather information from player registrations and create database of names and interests.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary.
- Develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities.
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and write the volunteer position descriptions in consultation with Directors as appropriate.
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualification, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the association.
- Implement a screening process for potential volunteers according to accepted screening standards and practices.
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the association, its needs, its structure and the role and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful in their positions.
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures. Establish and implement a process for evaluating the contribution of individual volunteers.
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the association.
- Evaluate the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks associated with the program.
- Prepare an annual report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the organization.
- Administer and monitor expenditures for the volunteer program against the approved budget.
Specific Team Operations
- Volunteers required for the following:
- Team Managers.
- Team Training Staff.
- PA Announcing.
Specific Game-Day Operations
- Co-ordinate Volunteers required for Yard Markers & 50/50 Sales if applicable.
- Works with Concession Director to adequately staff concession shifts for game-days. This requires three volunteers per shift at an average of 2.5 hours per shift.